Over the last three years, Jake’s Diapers distributed more than 70,000 cloth diapers around the world to babies in need, via partnerships with other nonprofits working to help those youth trapped in poverty situations for a variety of causes.
At $20 retail value, that’s $1.4 million in cloth distributed – phew! That’s not how all our diapers go in and out our doors, though. Thankfully, we’ve cultivated valued relationships with a variety of manufacturers who fuel our supply availability.
Our business partners are just one of the ways we maximize our impact so that dollars donated stretch further. Operating Jake’s as a diaper bank with a global reach requires time and supplies, and that’s where your financial gift makes a difference.
Here’s a list of business partners who’ve helped us in 2019, and how.
- Cotton Babies, donated 3 pallets of diapers to support hurricane relief efforts.
- Kanga Care, launched Freshavacado to benefit Jake’s, and gives to us in other ways.
- AppleCheeks, provided diapers that have been used in our individual aid program.
- Nicki’s Diapers, a long-standing Jake’s partner launched the Avolove line to help our cause.
- LalaBye Baby, sends overstock items with a problem (IE cracked button) to Jake’s.
- Petite Crown, offers a buy-one-give-one model.
- Lighthouse Kids, started donating to Jake’s in 2018 after falling in love with our mission.
About this feature: We regularly share stories from our business partners in this Business Buddy Spotlight to highlight the great ways other organizations are doing good work alongside us. We appreciate these community partners and have a larger impact because of them. Is your organization interested in helping out? Contact Katie at [email protected].