With the Coronavirus continuing its spread across Wisconsin and the world, we’re working hard to help economically vulnerable families, especially our senior populations. They need us now, more than ever. Today I’ve answered phone calls from people worried about seniors in their lives.
“My 72-year old dad is terrified to go to the store- and even if he went, would there be any supplies for him?”
“I have an elderly neighbor who needs Depend®. She went to the store today and couldn’t find any. Can you help? This is so sad.”
Our first wave of response is:
- Triple distributions of adult care essentials (Depend® or Poise®) through our community partners
- Host Senior Safety Drive-Thru Basic Needs Distributions
- This is quite literally a drive-thru, where we’re working to minimize any contact. We’re using signs and hand signals, then placing needed items into trunks/backseats of vehicles
- Items distributed include incontinence supplies, toothpaste, and other hygiene basics
- Double diaper distributions to community partners serving medically fragile families
This is a highly fluid situation. Also on our radar is distributing period products to school-aged children grab ‘n go style alongside lunch distributions that are also grab ‘n go. We are also evaluating doubling baby diaper distributions.
Hope Factory is now closed to public volunteers. We’re operating with a minimal staff and volunteer crew, while maintaining increased sanitation and social distancing within Hope Factory. We’re also using our whole-Factory air exchange system, which completely changes air in less than three minutes.
Things are going to get even tougher for the families we serve as school and work closures grow, adding even more financial pressure to fragile situations.
We need YOU to stand with us so we can continue our work.
Are you able to make a one time donation, matched by Johnson & Johnson, so we can ensure we’re there for those who need us? Our fundraiser is less than $3,000 away from being fully funded.
Thank you for your continued support. I encourage you to reach me at [email protected] with any questions you may have.
Take care and hang in there!
1775 Bohm Drive
Little Chute, WI 54140