The month of May brings another year of celebrating mothers, and our work providing the basic need of diapers certainly means we encounter a lot of mamas worldwide — many with difficult stories to share.
Like this teen mom in Uganda, exiled from her family because of her decision to have the baby — now desperately in need of support. Or, this U.S. mom whose husband lost his job the same week her hours were cut. How will they care for their children? Thanks to you, these Mamas now have diapers.
We recognize the difficult decisions caregivers worldwide face in providing positive scenarios for their kids. Here in our own Wisconsin backyard, there are over 5,210 children under the age of 3 who live in homes that struggle to afford diapers. The Great Cover Up Diaper Drive, benefiting our Eastern Wisconsin Diaper Bank Initiative, exists to solve diaper need and empower local families to self sufficiency. This drive runs now through Father’s Day.
Here are some important links with more info on The Great CoverUp:
- Nitty gritty details about the launch and getting involved.
- Our interview with WBAY about how this is serving an invisible need in the community.
- Our Facebook event for the drive, filled with more fun info about what we’re doing.
- A map of locations where you can drop off donations.
- Our discussion with WFRV about this collaborative effort.
- Our appearance on Fox-11 to share our goal of collecting 500,000 diapers.
Make your impact today! Every single dollar donated gives 7 diapers to a child in need in NE Wisconsin. Donate here and your gift will be doubled through the Caring Crowd matching program. Donation Link with matching funds! (every $1= 7 diapers!!)