What is the Great CoverUp Diaper Drive?
The Great CoverUp Diaper Drive is being organized by the Eastern Wisconsin Diaper Bank, a program of the nonprofit organization Jake’s Diapers, in conjunction with dozens of businesses and organizations in Brown and Winnebago counties. The drive will take place this year from Mother’s Day, May 12, through Father’s Day, June 16, 2019.
Why a diaper drive?
The need for a reliable, low cost or free diaper supply is very real for thousands of local families living in poverty or who are considered ALICE (Asset‐limited, income constrained, employed).
Where can I drop off diapers?
At any Community First Bank location in the Fox Valley area. View all participating locations here.
How can I give directly to this cause?
By visiting our page on the Johnson & Johnson CaringCrowd website.
According to the National Diaper Bank, one in three U.S. moms report suffering from diaper need.
Diapers can cost $70 ‐ $80 per month; babies need 6‐10 diapers per day. Diaper need impacts the physical, mental and economic well‐being of children and parents. Most child care centers require parents to provide a day’s supply of disposable diapers. If parents don’t have access to an adequate diaper supply, it impacts a child’s health and well‐being as well as a parent’s ability to work or go to school. No federal safety net programs (WIC, food stamps, etc.) cover the cost of diapers.
Imagine needing diapers for your child, but not being able to afford them. What would you do? With a focus on families during the time between Mother’s Day and Father’s Day, it’s a perfect opportunity to help those in need of diapers.
Who is involved in The Great CoverUp Diaper Drive?
A core planning team organized this diaper drive, including representatives from the Eastern Wisconsin Diaper Bank, Jake’s Diapers, U.S. Venture, Schreiber Foods, Bellin Health, Family & Childcare Resources of Northeast Wisconsin.
Getting involved is EASY!
Just let us know your organization or business wants to participate in the diaper drive and appoint a point person who can work with our core committee. You’ll receive everything you need for a successful diaper drive, including:
- Collection Boxes. Let us know how many you need and we’ll have them delivered to your organization. When the box is full, you can contact your committee liaison and someone will come and pick up the donations. When the diaper drive is over, someone from Jake’s will come to pick up the box(es).
- Virtual Diaper Drive Link. An Amazon Wishlist is available to make donating diapers easy‐peasy! You can choose to have diapers shipped to your location or straight to the Hope Factory, which is Jake’s Diapers warehouse home.
- Posters. We’ll provide you with an electronic version of a color poster which you can print and post at your company (on bulletin boards, in the lobby, employee lunchrooms, locker rooms, etc.).
- Logo Graphic. A Great CoverUp Diaper Drive logo graphic will be supplied to you for use with internal company outreach (intranet, emails, etc.)
- Content. You’ll receive several versions of posts for your internal newsletters, intranet, etc.
- Social Media Posts. We’ll provide you with social media posts and graphics for your company’s social media pages.
- Encourage other organizations to join the drive! You can lead by example. Share with others that you’re participating in The Great CoverUp Diaper Drive and encourage them to do the same. All they have to do is call and let us know they’re interested. We’ll handle the rest.
- Become a Sponsor. Sponsorship opportunities are available, but not required, to participate in the Great CoverUp. Contact Stephanie for a customized opportunity.
Questions? Comments? Ready to get Involved? Reach out or give Stephanie a call!
(920) 257‐7890 / [email protected]
Check out the Great CoverUp Diaper Drive in the News:
- WLUK-TV: https://fox11online.com/news/local/diaper-donations-needed
- WFRV-TV: https://www.wearegreenbay.com/news/local-news/the-great-cover-up-diaper-drive/1930824473
- WBAY-TV: https://www.wbay.com/content/news/The-Great-CoverUp-diaper-drive-begins-Mothers-Day-508655041.html
- WLUK-TV: https://fox11online.com/news/making-a-difference/the-great-coverup-drive-hopes-to-collect-500000-diapers-for-local-families-in-need